ABOUT US » ICT INFRASTRUCTURES
During the First Peer team visit the college had 10 computers, 2 printers and one computer with internet connection. On NAAC recommendation some goals were set to revamp the ICT facilities of the college.
The College Server
- Setting up server based LAN connecting departments, library & office.
- Development of dedicated computer labs for mathematics, physics & commerce.
- Launch of a well informative college website.
- Upgrading central computer lab to a smart class room.
- Procurement of licensed soft wares related to computer science curriculum.
- Software based cataloguing, browsing & book issuing in library.
- Use of customized software in admission, record maintenance & in accounts
- Server (IBM) based LAN was set up connecting 15 departments, Library, Conference room, IQAC room, Office & the Staff room.
- Computer labs are set up for the department of Physics (08 computers), mathematics (14 computers) & commerce (06 computers).
- Computerization of library with Dedicated software (LIBSYS) is installed, Computerised cataloguing, book issuing & receiving is introduced, Computerised browsing facility is available to students and E-journal access facility is introduced.
- A well-informative website is launched in 2009.
- Licensed softwares like Windows 2003 server edition, Ms visual studio 2010, Oracle (student edition), Ms office 2010 student edition, STM software for Bengali font and Quick heal antivirus have been procured.
- Dedicated software (smart college) was purchased for office work, Admission, Students’ record, Examinations & Accounts.
- Development of smart class room with Smart boards (02 in number) & Class rooms with multimedia facility (14 in number).
Physics Computer Laboratory
Mathematics Computer laboratory
Commerce Computer Laboratory
The multimedia enabled Conference Room and Central Computer Laboratory
|Funding Agency||Amount (Rs.)|
|UGC XIth Plan||Rs. 25,00,000.00 (approx.)|
|UGC XIIth Plan||Rs. 3,00,000.00 (approx.)|
|COLLEGE||Rs. 10,00,000.00 (approx.)|
|MP LAD||Rs. 4,50,000.00 (approx.)|
|Total||Rs. 42,50,000.00 (approx.)|
|No. of Computers (Desktop)||10||81|
|No. of Computers in teaching department||06||59|
|No. of Computers in other sections||04||22|
|No. of Internet Connections||01||23|
|Wi-Fi enabled zones||NO||YES|
|Computerization of Office||NO||YES|
|LCD Projectors & Laptops for ICT based teaching||NO||14 departments|
|No. of Laptops||0||07|
|e-Journals||0||14 + 6,000 (INFLIBNET)|
|Multimedia enabled Conference Room||0||1|
|Separate Computer Labs.||0||03|
|Smart Class Room||0||01|