ABOUT US » IQAC » ACHIEVEMENTS
Academic and Administrative measures in quality enhancement:
Planning, Implementing and Regular measures
- Periodic annual review by Academic Sub-Committee on curriculum, syllabus, teachings – learning-evaluation process, student’s performance and overall development including initiation for establishment of innovative courses.
- Annual Report, preparation and subsequent discussion on it by Academic Sub-Committee & Governing Body of the college.
- University of Calcutta expert team & a High Power Team from the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal Committee visit and evaluation of performance.
- Self appraisal.
Special measures:IQAC and High Power Committees:
- The College has established IQAC after Assessment & Accreditation of NAAC in 2005 for performance evaluation academic & administration to critically evaluate the growth and development of the College and its stakeholders. It has suggested several steps for improvement.
- A High Power Committee for Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation Board for UGC Grants.
On Finance Issues : The quality initiatives on financial issues are as follows:
- Preparation of budget and its approval by the Finance Committee and the Governing Body of the College.
- Preparation of statement of Annual Accounts by Finance Section.
- Internal auditing and External Auditing by Govt. Registered auditors every year.
- Preliminary Auditing of UGC funds by registered Chartered Accountant.
- Compliance to audit objections and observations.
- Finance Committee consisting of Govt. representatives from the Department Higher Education
- Govt. of West Bengal and University review the financial management and suggests suitable measures for improvement.
Thus, the College has several inbuilt mechanisms to ensure adherence to rules and regulations, proper utility and corrective measures. The relevant records and documents may be perused.
Promotion of best practices and its internalizationIQAC of the College ensures the promotion of best practices in the following way:
Case studies and the practices of the best/ideal/model institutions are short listed by IQAC for detailed understanding. Suitability of the same is worked out based on its implementation– impact analysis. The chosen “Best practice” is made known to all stakeholders with an emphasis on its utility and as quality initiative. After creating the awareness, PDCA method of Total Quality Management (TQM) is followed in its implementation and internalisation. A few of the best practices promoted during the last 5 years are as follows:
- Effective mechanisms to provide, modern teaching-learning aids and application of ICT resources to make the curriculum interesting and effective for the students to facilitate effective learning outcome.
- Introduction of skill -oriented Vocational Courses, opportunity of higher education to adult earning students to achieve core competencies & develop entrepreneurial approach to face the global requirements successfully.
- Usage of ICT in Teaching-Learning-Evaluation and e-governance.
- Feedback from Stakeholders.
- Programmes on competence development.
- Promotion to Research activities.
- Effective mechanism for the use of library with ICT & Customize Library management software as a learning resource in terms of books, journals and other learning materials which enable students, teachers and staff to acquire information, knowledge and skills, required for their study programmes, and research work.
- Encouragement to organize seminars, workshops etc.
- Pedagogy innovations - Learner Centric methods.
- Encouragement &appreciation for Publications by Faculty and Students
- Linkage with ISRO/DST/UGC/NGOs and several other industries and organizations for Research, Consultancy and Extension activities.
Benefits of having an active Internal Quality Cell in an Higher Education Institute:
IQAC of Raja Peary Mohan College has able to facilitate and contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better internal communication.