ACADEMICS » STUDENTS » WELFARE SCHEMES
ANTI RAGGING CELL
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, made the Raghavan Committee report, titled "The Menace of Ragging in the Educational Institution and Measures to curb it" public by putting it on its website: education.nic.in. This report was submitted to the Hon'ble supreme Court of India in May 2009.
Highlights of Reports
• Urgent action required to solve problem of ragging.
• Acceptance of criminal nature of ragging and as an act of human right abuse.
• Focus on measures of prevention of ragging apart from affirmative action on default.
• Requirement of ragging awareness not only to freshers, but all stakeholders i.e. seniors , freshers, teachers and the civic society at large.
• Proactive monitoring to identify existence of ragging (for instance by surprise checks and anonymous surveys) to offset the fear associated with reporting ragging by victim.
Accordingly an anti-ragging cell has been set up in the College which comprises the following members:
• Dr. Milan Kumar Pal, Chairman (Mob: 9836624412)
• Prof. Uday Shankar Hazra (Mob: 9433677605)
• Dr. Bulbul Thakur (Mob: 943364039)
• Dr. Srutinath Praharaj (Mob:9433820610)
• Prof. Susanta Kumar Biswas (Mob: 9433183197)
• Coordinator, IQAC
• Sri Prithwish Bhattacharya (Mob: 9432971190)
• Sri Atish Mukherjee (Mob: 9231879530)
• Secretary, Teachers'Council
• Secretary, Non-Teaching' Employees' Union
• Secretary, Students' Union