ACADEMICS » AWARDS
Awards/Recognition received by the faculty
|Dr Sanjukta Bhattacharyya||Philosophy||Jadavpur University||2006|
|Dr Sudhin Kr Bera||Commerce||University of Kalyani||2007|
|Dr Dibyendu Talukdar||Botany||University of Kalyani||2008|
|Dr Parthasarathi Chatterjee||Commerce||Rabindra Bharati University||2011|
|Dr Rajrupa Mitra||Economics||University of Calcutta||2012|
|Dr Debabrata Mandal||Mathematics||Jadavpur University||2012|
|Dr Pallab Gayen||Chemistry||Jadavpur University||2013|
|Dr Anupam Mitra||Commerce||University of Calcutta||2013|
|Dr Tanusree Choudhury||Mathematics||Burdwan University||2013|
|Dr Subhankar Sarkar||Zoology||University of Calcutta||2013|
Research awards and recognition received by the faculty from reputed national/international professional bodies and agencies.
1. Dr Kuntal Mukhopadhyay, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science
- Awarded the Bikalpa Nirman award for his outstanding contribution in the field of drama as the director of Theatre group, Sanglaap Kolkata by the theatrical organisation Bikalpa Nirman in 2005.
- Awarded the Honorary fellowship by the Department of Bengali, Jadavpur University in 2006.
- Awarded the Kaliprasad Chakraborty award for his outstanding contribution in the field of drama by the Group Theatre Patrika in 2005.
- Awarded the "Tarasankar Smarak Baktrita Padak(Medal)" for delivering "Tarasankar Smarak Lecture" by the Tarasankar Parisad, Kolkata in 2011.
- Awarded the best cultural embassy for her work on Romanian Historian of Religion Mircea Eliade on the occasion of 60 years of Diplomatic Relations Between India and Romania by the Embassy of Romania, New Delhi in 2009.
- Mentioned as a nominee at the Penguin worldwide website: The Bird, before the World Book Fair 2005, Frankfurt.
- Awarded the status of Visiting Fellow for his expertise in Book History and Graphic Novels by Centre of Advanced Study, Department of English, Jadavpur University from 28th March, 2011 to 8th April, 2011
6. Santanu Rana, Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology
- Filed for Patent to office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs & Trade Marks (CGPDTM). Indian Patent Application No.: 0825/KOL/2013 dated July 11, 2013 Entitled "A Nanovehicle for Targeted and Controlled Delivery of Therapeutic Molecule", Inventors: Dr Sagartirtha Sarkar, Santanu Rana, Dr Mamta Chawla Sarkar.
- Received 2nd best presentation award in a National Seminar held in collaboration with ZSI & BSI at Lady Brabourne College in the year 2011.
- Awarded for best poster presentation on International Conference on Neurodegenerative and Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Translational Aspects, Organized by IPGME & R, Kolkata, held on 17th to 20th January, 2013. Neurocon-2013 and received cash prize and a certificate at IICB, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Awarded the Tulsibai Somany Educational Trust Prize for best paper at International Symposium on "Emerging Trends and Challenges in Neuroscience" organized by IAN & Allahabad University at Allahabad held on 25th to 27th October, 2013.
- Awarded the International Travel Grant from XXth World Congress on Parkinson’s Disease and related disorders, Organized by Kenes International, Geneva, Switzerland held on 8th to 11th December, 2013.