ACADEMICS » DEPARTMENTS » DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE » MATHEMATICS
The Department of Mathematics is one of the oldest Departments of the college. As a matter of fact, before the college did open its science stream in intermediate course and long before the college received it B.Sc. affiliation in1956, Mathematics was introduced as a subject. In those days it was taught along with other humanities subjects. The Department of Mathematics should be credited as being the pioneers, jointly with the Department of Bengali, who first introduced Honours programme in 1959.
- 3 Year B.Sc. Honours Course in Mathematics
- 3 Year B.Sc. General Course in Mathematics
Academic Curriculum (258 KB)
Mathematics Computer Laboratory
Under the watchful guidance of teachers
- The Department has its own library which is quite rich in collection of books and journals. Students and teachers normally consult the departmental library and the Central Library which is quite rich in old and new books. The faculty members subscribe the journals and keep it in the seminar library for their use and also students use.
- The Department has a separate computer laboratory as the syllabus is ICT based At present there are 8 computers with internet facility provided with LAN connection.
- The teachers regularly participate in UGC Sponsored Remedial coaching classes for students belonging to SC, ST, minorities communities and financially backward class.
- Faculty members guide the students depending on their interest of subjects. The teachers participate in the programmes organized by the UGC Sponsored Career and Councelling cell.
The students are admitted strictly on merit(on marks basis). The students largely come from rural background from low and middle-income group. The students are proficient in Bengali & English. The subject is preferred equally by both the genders but the number of girls are higher. The Trend of success is almost 100%.
- Tanusree Choudhury is awarded with Ph.D. degeree in 2013 for her work on weak compactness on vector-valued functions spaces. Mainly she is working on convergence theorems for "Pettis Integrable functions and Pettis Integrable Multifunctions". She has worked on "set-valued weak Radom-Nikodym derivative corresponding to set-valued measure".
- Dr Samir Roy‘s priority areas for research are Computational Fluid Dynamics, Mathematical Modeling and Numerical Linear Algebra
- Debobrata Mandal is awarded with Ph.D. degeree in 2012 for his work on "Fuzzy Algebra in Γ-semigroup and Γ-semiring". Mainly he is working on ""Fuzzy h-ideals in Γ-hemirings".
Dr Samir Roy completed and submitted the minor research project awarded by UGC on "A comprehensive study of natural convection of low Prandtl number (Pr) fluids" in rectangular enclosure under various thermal boundary in the year 2008.
The faculty members have quite a large number of publications in various reputed journals/conference abstracts to their credit for the last five years, which are all available in the Department.
|Name of the Teacher||Qualification||Designation||Phone No|
|Susanta Kumar Biswas||M.Sc.||Associate Professoremail@example.com||+91-9433183197|
|Dipa Chakraborty||M.Sc., M.Phil.||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||+91-9231497581|
|Dr Tanusree Choudhury||M.Sc. Ph.D.||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||+91-9433520923|
|Dr Samir Roy||M.Sc., Ph.D.||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com||+91-9433891961|
|Dr Debabrata Mandal||M.Sc., Ph.D.||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||+91-9433605801|
ATTENTION: The telecallers/sales people are not requested to contact through the details provided in the table above. The contacts are to be made with reference to pure academic reasons. Violation of this will cause a legal offense against the respective callers.