EVENTS » COLLEGE HEALTH UNIT
COLLEGE HEALTH UNIT
Convener: Dr Sugopa Ghosh Mondal, Assistant Professor, Department in Physics.
Community Service provided by College Health Unit: Health and hygiene awareness.The College Health Unit under the aegis of the convener, Dr Sugopa Ghosh Mondal, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, has made great progress in monitoring the health of the students, teachers and non-teaching staff.
- The unit monitors the health of the students, teachers and non-teaching staff regularly.
- The unit provides First aid treatment for the students and staff.
- First aid kits are provided in the Students' Union Room and in the staff room by the unit.
- The Unit has provision for blood pressure check up and height-weight measuring instruments.
- The Unit has a rest room with a single bed arrangement.
- Health cards are issued to the students annually.
- Members of the Alumni Association and one of the donor members of the Governing Body are experienced physicians and they volunteer to provide free medical check-up once in a month.
Some recent activities of the College Health Unit
- A general health checkup and Blood Group test of 1st Year students was held on 16th February, 2008. 700 students participated and 30 teachers were present for the camp. Reputed doctors and paramedical staff of Howrah District Hospital of West Bengal performed the tests with precautions.
- A health camp unit was organized in 2009 for the 2nd year students of the College in order to comprehensively check their pressure, height-weight and other general medical parameters.
- The health unit organized camps for blood-group test for all students in 2007, 2008, 2009, & 2010. Reputed doctors and paramedical staff of Howrah District Hospital of West Bengal performed the tests.
- The health unit organized a workshop for awareness about Thalassemia, Anti-Rabies/animal bite and Cardio-vascular resuscitation in collaboration with Rotary Club of East Calcutta and Rotary Club of Salt Lake, Kolkata (NGO) in 2010.
- The unit organized a camp for Blood Test of Thalassemia in 2011.
- A health camp unit was organized in 2012 for the 3rd year students of the College in order to comprehensively check their pressure, height-weight and other general medical parameters.