ACADEMICS » STUDENTS » ACTIVITIES » EXTRA CURRICULUR ACTIVITIES
Cultural and Extra-curricular activities:
- Freshers’ Welcome: At the beginning of the Academic Session, after admissions are complete, the Students’ Union organizes Freshers’ Welcome for the newly admitted students.
- Cultural Activities: The students of this college are enthusiastic about active participation in cultural activities like theatre, dance-drama, singing competitions etc.
- Students’ Festival: The Students’ Union actively participates in socio-cultural upliftment. A two-day programme is held in the month of December every year. The major attractions are:
- Prize Distribution Ceremony: Prizes are distributed among successful candidates of various University Examination who have topped among the college students & to winners of Singing, Recitation, Debate, Extempore Speech and Quiz Competitions.
- Inter-Institutional Cultural Competition: Neighbouring academic institutions are invited to participate in a cultural competition. Every year a significant number of schools take part in this programme. Such initiatives are taken to spread the message of peace, equality in diversity and a drug-free world among the future of the nation.
- Promotion of Performing Arts: The college always encourages various cultural activities with a special emphasis on performing arts. The NAAC Peer Team in 2005 appreciated the cultural performance that the students put up during their visit. The authorities organized a Drama Workshop in 2007 and other cultural programmes from time to time in order to promote talent.
- The College Magazine & Wall Magazine: The institution encourages students to publish college magazine & wall magazines in the following ways:
- A faculty member is given charge to guide & support students in publication of the college magazine. The college magazine is published annually. It is an ideal platform for students to realize their creative potential and hone their writing skills. The students’ contributions include poems, stories, articles that reflect their ideas and aspirations.
- In addition to this, some departments bring out wall magazines which comprises topics relevant to the latest developments in those subjects:
- Wall magazine Perspectives by the Department of English
- Wall magazine Karnika by the Department of Bengali
- Wall magazine by the Department of Philosophy
- Wall magazine Sabujava Ritubarnamala by Achraya Prafulla Chandra Roy Eco-Club.
- Wall magazine Anwesha by the Department of Chemistry
- Wall magazine Cogito ergo sum by the Department of Chemistry
- Wall Magazine by the Students Union
- News Bulletin: The college brings out a News Bulletin annually since 2011-12.