ACADEMICS » STUDENTS » ACTIVITIES » EXTRA CURRICULUR ACTIVITIES
- Freshers' Welcome: At the beginning of the Academic Session, after admissions are complete, the Students' Union Organise Freshers' Welcome for the newly admitted students.
- College Drama/Theatre Group: We would like to specially emphasize the role of the students of this College in taking active participation in cultural activities in the form of theatre, dance-drama, singing competitions etc.
- Students' Festival: The Students' Union actively participates in socio-cultural upliftment. A two-day programme is held in the month of January every year. The major programmes are:
- Prize Distribution Ceremony: Prizes are distributed among successful candidates of various University Examination who have topped among the College students, and to winners of Singing, Recitation, Debate, Extempore Speech, Quiz Competitions.
- Inter-Institutional Cultural Competition: Academic Institution in and around the College are invited to participate in a cultural competition. Every year a significant number of schools take part in this programme. Such initiatives are taken to spread the message of peace, equality in diversity and a drug-free world among the future of the Nation.
- Performing Art Cell of the College, opened based on the suggestions of NAAC Peer Team in 2005, has been slowly but surely moving towards its predestined destiny to become one of the best Higher Educational Institute in the State to contribute to the nation culturally. In course of time, it has transcended its local boundary and grown into a very large educational institution catering to the talents in cultural activities and specially in Performing Art.
- Film Appreciation Centre
- Involvement of students in publishing materials like catalogues, wall magazines, college magazine, and other material:
The institutions involve and encourage students to publish materials like:
- Wall magazine ; College magazine; Bulletin From NSS Cell regarding its activities
- The institutions takes initiatives and encourage students to publish these materials by: Providing Fund & Infrastructure for wall magazine
List of major publications/ materials brought out by the students during the previous academic session. 2009-2010:--
- Wall magazine:
- Perspectives: Department of English
- Karnika: Department of Bengali
- Social Probings: Department of History Philosophy & Political Science
- Sabujava Ritubarnamala: Achraya Prafulla Chandra Roy Eco-Club
- Wall magazine by the Department of Chemistry
- Oikotan: Students Union
- College magazine: Published Annually by the students Union
- Bulletin is published by the NSS Cell regarding its activities
- Constitution: The statues of the University of Calcutta lays down the objectives, role the regarding its functions, in the college, election of its body and names and number of portfolios it should have, framed by the University's Highest executive body the Syndicate.
- Major activities:
- The Student Union is an active and constructive body in the college managed democratically by the students themselves. They organize a bevy of activities. A summary of the annual activities is given below:
- Annual activities : Fresher's Welcome; Inter Class Cultural Competition; Inter Class Sports Competition; Annual Sports; Students Festival; Publication of College Magazine; Bhasa Dibas (Language Day) celebration; Saraswati Puja; Organizing debates & quiz competition; Participations in seminars of the college; Organizing Career Counseling; Providing Financial Aids from a special fund—Students Aid Fund;Participate in all social and community services related activities, Health camps and cultural activities organized by the NSS Unit, Heath Eco-Club and Performing art cell of the college, Maintains a atmosphere of unity and brotherhood and promotes a academic environment in the college campus.
- Funding: College Fund the Annual activities of the students Union and budgetary allocations are made for that at the beginning of each financial year.
- Students Aid Fund: The College Student aid fund managed by the students union of the college. Needy students on recommendation of the student union get financial support from this fund. The college authority after verifying the applications with the help of students union and teaching and non-teaching staff give the aid on merit-cum-means basis from its own resources. Separate allocation is made for this in the Budget of the college every year.