ACADEMICS » STUDENTS » WELFARE SCHEMES » FINANCIAL AIDS
Financial Assistance to Students
1. Students' Welfare:The Students' Union functions to promote the welfare of the students. It assists the Principal in selecting students for awarding concession in tuition fees and granting lump sum financial assistance from the Students' Welfare Fund.
2. Concession in Tuition Fees:Concession in tuition fees are granted to the poor but meritorious students, as per Government rules, for nine months from October to June of each session. Applications, on proscribed form to be had of from the College Office, for concession in tution fees are to be submitted following notifications for the same.. Concession in tuition fees shall be discontinued if the student's conduct, attendance and progress are not found satisfactory.
3. Concession Railway & Bus Ticket:Railway quarterly concession tickets are permissible, as per Indian Railway Rules, to a student coming from home by train on production of fee book showing payment of upto date College Charges. Students may also avail themselves of concessional rate in bus fare while travelling from home to college by Bus plying in Route no.3 and other routes as per rules of the Bus Syndicate(s) concerned.
4. Scholarship & Prizes:a) Tatyana Sedina Saha Memorial Endowrnent Scholarships amounting to Rs.5000/- each year are awarded to the best Chemistry Honours students of different years and the best student other science subjects.
b) Bandana Chatterjee Memorial Endowrnent Scholarships amounting to Rs.1000/- per year is awarded to the best Physics Honours student based B.Sc. Part III results.
c) Parasor Chatterjee Memorial Award and Monmohan Dutta Memorial Award are given to the students who stand first and second respectively among college students of the Department of English in Calcutta University B.A. Part-III(Hons.) Examinations every year. Sisir Kumar Sen Memorial Award and Baboo Joy Krishna Mukherjee Memorial Award are given to the students who obtain highest marks in Paper VIII and Paper VII of Calcutta University B.A. Part-III(Hons.) Examinations. Dhirendranath Paul Memorial Award is given to the student who obtains highest marks in Paper Iiof Calcutta University B.A. Part-I (Hons.) Examinations.
d) 'Banbehari Smriti Prize' – given to the students of the College securing higest in marks Philosophy Honours (Part-I, Part-II, Part-III Combined). Amount to be decided by the College Authority.
Promote access to ensure equity To Economically-weaker sections:At present according to the government of West Bengal Available data of 2005 & 2005 there are about 22% people who live below the poverty line in the Hooghly District where Raja Peary Mohan College is located. But we do not have any data regarding students who hold BPL Card. But every year the college authority receives about 700 to 800 applications from the admitted students to waive their college tuition fees whose family income is below Rs 5000 per month. They even earn themselves by working at nightshift or giving tuitions to other small children. The college authority after verifying the applications with the help of students union and teaching and non-teaching staff waive about 500-600 (Ist, IInd & IIIrd year) students tuition fees of B A, B Sc and B.COM Stream on merit-cum-means basis.
1. Financial Aids to Students:
- Freeship and half freeship for tuition fees are made available for financially weaker students.
- Railway concessions are provided to students coming from the distant rural areas.
- Tatyana Sedina Saha Memorial Endowment scholarships amounting to Rs. 5000 each year are awarded to the best Chemistry students of different years and the best student among other science subjects.
- Bandana Chatterjee Memorial Endowment Scholarship amounting to Rs. 1000 per year is awarded to the best Physics Honours student based on Part II results
- Students Aid Fund: The college has a student aid fund managed by the students union of the college. Needy students on recommendation of the student union get financial support from this fund. The college authority after verifying the applications with the help of students union and teaching and non-teaching staff give the aid on merit-cum-means basis from its own resources. Separate allocation is made for this in the Budget of the college every year.
- Financial aid to provided by the social welfare departments of the State Government:
- Scholarship to Minority Students received from Grants received from the Government of West Bengal, Department of Minority Development Council.
- Scholarship to SC/ST/OBC Students from Grants received from the Government of West Bengal, Department of Backward Commission.
2. Promote access to ensure equity:
Students from disadvantaged community:There is reservation for students belonging to disadvantaged community as per Govt. of West Bengal notifications. Seats are reserved for SC, ST, & OBC candidates according to norms laid down by the University of Calcutta and West Bengal Govt. Higher Education Dept. Access is ensured to these marginalised groups through the total implementation of reservation-cum-merit as per the orders of Government of West Bengal.
Social status of students 2009-2010 2010-2011
Women:For women, there is no reservation for admission but the women candidates are provided with equal opportunity. However, one of the objective of the institution is to spread female education. The number of female students far exceeds that of the male students particularly in the Humanities and Bioscience courses. This clearly indicates that the College is playing an important role in female education.
Gender ratio of students 2009-2010 2010-2011
Other Student Welfare Schemes for students:There is a provision for welfare schemes for students. Prominent among them are:
- Organization of cultural and sports events / activities,
- Youth festivals,
- Encouragement for participation in intra & inter-college debates sports etc. and
- Promotion of Performing Art through the Performing Art Cell.
- Free Medical checkup,
- Free fast-aid treatment and
- Heath Camps.
- Students canteen & food at subsidized rate,
- Drinking Water (Aqua Guard Facilities),
- Indoor Sports facilities,
- Common Room (Boys & Girls Separately) and
- Gents and Ladies Toilets for Students.