ACADEMICS » STUDENTS » WELFARE SCHEMES » FINANCIAL AIDS
Financial Assistance to Students:
1. Students' Welfare:
- The Students' Union functions to promote the welfare of the students. It assists the Principal in selecting students for awarding concession in tuition fees and granting lump sum financial assistance from the students' welfare fund.
2. Concession in Tuition Fees:
- Concession in tuition fees are granted to the poor but meritorious students, as per Government rules, for nine months from October to June of each session. Applications, on prescribed form to be obtain from the College Office, for concession in tuition fees are to be submitted following notifications for the same. Concession in tuition fees shall be discontinued if the student's conduct, attendance and progress are not found satisfactory.
3. Concession Railway & Bus Ticket:
- Railway quarterly concession tickets are permissible, as per Indian Railway rules, to a student coming from home by train on production of fee book showing payment of upto date College charges. The students may also avail concessional rate in bus fare while travelling from home to college by bus, plying in Route no.3 and other routes, as per rules of the Bus Syndicate(s) concerned.
4. Scholarship & Prizes:
- Tatyana Sedina Saha Memorial Endowment Scholarships amounting to Rs.5000/- each year are awarded to the best Chemistry Honours students of different years and the best student of other science subjects.
- Bandana Chatterjee Memorial Endowment Scholarships amounting to Rs.1000/- per year is awarded to the best Physics Honours student of the college, based on B.Sc. Part III results of Calcutta University.
- Parasor Chatterjee Memorial Award and Monmohan Dutta Memorial Award are given to the students who stand first and second respectively among college students of the Department of English, based on the results of B.A. Part-III (Hons.) Examinations of Calcutta University every year. Sisir Kumar Sen Memorial Award and Baboo Joy Krishna Mukherjee Memorial Award are given to the students of the Department of English who obtain highest marks in Paper VIII and Paper VII respectively in B.A. Part-III (Hons.) Examinations of Calcutta University. Dhirendranath Paul Memorial Award is given to the student of the Department of English who obtains highest marks in Paper II of Calcutta University B.A. Part-I (Hons.) Examinations.
- Banbehari Smriti Prize is given annually to the student of the college securing highest marks in Philosophy (Hons.) based on combined (Part-I, Part-II, Part-III) results of Calcutta University. Amount to be decided by the College Authority.
Promote access to ensure equity to economically-weaker sections:
Every year the college authority receives about 250 to 300 applications from the admitted students to waive their college tuition fees whose family income is below Rs 5000 per month. They even earn by working at night shift or giving tuitions to other small children. The college authority, after verifying the applications, with the help of the Students' Union, Teaching and Non-teaching staff waive tuition fees of about 150-200 students of B.A., B.Sc. & B.Com. Streams (Ist, IInd & IIIrd year) on merit-cum-means basis.