ACADEMICS » STUDENTS » REMEDIAL COACHING
UGC Sponsored Remedial Coaching:Teachers regularly participate in UGC Sponsored Remedial coaching classes for students belonging to SC, ST , minorities communities, slow and advanced learners and financially backward class to minimize the dropout rate and facilitate the students to complete the course.
Tutorials classes:Tutorial classes at regular intervals and home assignments are also arranged by the faculty for the students to bridge the knowledge gap of the incoming students for enabling them to cope with the programme to which they are enrolled. Tutorials classes are taken according to the requirements of the students. The HOD arrange the classes in accordance with the master routine. Classes are taken in the Departmental rooms when there are no other classes of the students. Teachers are available beyond class hours and during vacations for academic interaction with students.
Special Practical & Theoretical Classes:Special Practical & Theoretical classes at regular intervals are arranged by the faculty for the students to bridge the knowledge gap of the incoming students for enabling them to cope with the programme to which they are enrolled.
Strategies adopted for facilitating slow and advanced learners.
Regular class interaction, Class tests, Mid-Term Tests and Test Examinations.
- Tutorials, discussions, interactions and remedial coaching.
- Personal, academic and social counselling.
- Concept clarification and problem solving exercises.
- Bilingual explanations and discussions.
- Provision of simple but standard lecture notes/course material.
- Revision of topics and practicals
- Steps to enhance their communication skills, art of reading - learning.
- Trial tests and mock examinations.
- Provision of additional learning - reference material - Books, Review
- Articles and Reports, CDs and Internet surfing.
- Assignment preparation on current and latest topics based on reference books, CDs and Internet surfing.
- Student Seminars on selected reference topics.
- Participation in Quiz, Debate and Problem Solving - Decision Making Exercises.
- Student Project Work based on theoretical data/practical work/survey data/ case studies.