ACADEMICS » STUDENTS » REMEDIAL COACHING
UGC Sponsored Remedial Coaching:Teachers regularly participate in UGC Sponsored Remedial coaching classes for students belonging to SC, ST , minorities communities as well as financially backward class to minimize the dropout rate and facilitate the students to complete the course.
Tutorials classes:Tutorial classes take place at regular intervals. Home assignments are also arranged by the faculty for the students to bridge the knowledge gap & enable them to cope with the academic course to which they are enrolled. Tutorials classes are taken according to the requirements of the students. The HOD arrange the classes in accordance with the master routine. Classes are taken in the Departmental rooms when there are no other classes of the students. Teachers are available beyond class hours and during vacations for academic interaction.
Special Practical & Theoretical Classes:Special Practical & Theoretical classes also take place at regular intervals to supplement regular classes.
General strategies adopted for facilitating slow and advanced learners.• Regular class interaction, Class tests, Mid-Term Tests and Test Examinations.
Specific steps adoped for slow learners:
- Tutorials, discussions, interactions and remedial coaching.
- Personal, academic and social counselling.
- Concept clarification and problem solving exercises.
- Bilingual explanations and discussions.
- Provision for simplified but standard lecture notes/course material.
- Revision of topics and practicals.
- Enhancement of communication skills & art of reading-learning.
- Trial tests and mock examinations.
Specific steps adoped for advanced students:
- Provision of additional learning reference material - books & reviews.
- Access of recent articles & reports.
- Access to recent educational aids through internet.
- Assignment preparation on latest advancements based on reference books, CDs and various web-based resources.
- Arrangement of student seminars on selected reference topics.
- Participation in quiz, debate and problem solving & other decision making exercises.
- Extensive participation in project work based on theoretical data/practical work/survey data/case studies.