ACADEMICS » DEPARTMENTS » DEPARTMENT OF ARTS » SANSKRIT
The Department of Sanskrit exists effectively but silently, without raising hue and cry, being surrounded by other departments with more faculty and student strength. Sanskrit, being a classical subject and probably due to lesser demands in job markets, does not draw as many students as it used to have even a few decades earlier. Despite these odds, the lone full-time teacher of the department along with 1 part-time teacher properly negotiate the burden of departmental obligations and academic development. Sanskrit is the only department in our college which does not offer Honours course to students but the department is carrying a rich tradition and legacy as it is one of the older departments of the college.
- Introduction of Intermediate Course: 1887
- Introduction of Pass Course: 1956
- 3 Year B.A. General Course in Sanskrit
Academic Curriculum (21.3 KB)
- The Department has its own library which is quite rich in collection of books and journals. Lecture method is normally followed. Apart from this procedure, tutorial classes and home assignment are also arranged by the faculty. The teachers are available beyond class hours and during vacations for academic interaction with students.
- The teachers participate in the UGC Sponsored Remedial Coaching Classes and the programmes organized by Career and Counselling Cell.
Students largely come from rural background from low and middle-income group. Students are proficient in Bengali. The subject is preferred equally by both the genders but the number of girls are higher than the boys. The Trend of Success is almost 100%.
- Dr Shila De: Kabya Literature
- Sebika Nag: Advaita Vedanta
Dr Shila De has a research paper titled "The Place Sekaasubhodaya in Sanskrit Literature" in Samaj Bharati, published by Howrah Sanskrit Sahitya Samaj.
|Name of the Teacher||Qualification||Designation||Phone No|
|Sebika Nag||M.A., M.Phil.||Part firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Amrita Sengupta||MA||Guest email@example.com|
|Animesh Mondal||PhD||Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org|
ATTENTION: The telecallers/sales people are not requested to contact through the details provided in the table above. The contacts are to be made with reference to pure academic reasons. Violation of this will cause a legal offense against the respective callers.