ACADEMICS » STUDENTS » STUDENTS' UNION
- The statute of the University of Calcutta lays down the objectives, role regarding the functions, election of its body and names and number of portfolios it should have, framed by the University’s highest executive body, the Syndicate.
- The Students’ Union is an active and constructive body in the College managed democratically by the students themselves. They organize a spectrum of activities.
A summary of the annual activities is given below:
- Fresher’s Welcome
- Inter Class Cultural Competition
- Inter Class Sports Competition
- Annual Sports; Students Festival
- Publication of College Magazine
- Bhasa Dibas (Language Day) celebration
- Saraswati Puja
- Observing Teachers day
- Celebrating Rabindranath Tagore’s Birthday
- Celebrating Rakhibandhan Utsab
- Organizing debates & quiz competition
- Participations in seminars of the college
- Organizing Career Counseling
- Providing Financial Aids from a special fund—Students’ Aid Fund
- participation in all social and community services related activities, health camps and cultural activities organized by the NSS Unit, Heath Eco-Club and Performing art cell of the college
- It maintains an atmosphere of unity and brotherhood and promotes a academic environment in the College campus
- Bring forward the grievances of the students to the notice of the authorities
- Create a link between administration & students
- Conduct the assembly; maintain discipline and cleanliness in the institution
- Most of the financial requirements of the students’ union are met by the college. College Fund the Annual activities of the students Union and budgetary allocations are made for that at the beginning of each financial year.